Dikaios Christian Academy (DCA), also known as a Private School Satellite Program (PSP), allows your children to be enrolled in an established multi-student private school recognized by the State of California’s Board of Education. Students in the PSP receive their education in the home but are recognized as students of a private Christian school under current state law.
Families joining the PSP will receive the following benefits:
- Privacy – DCA files a collective affidavit for all enrolled families. Therefore, no affidavit needs to be filed by the home schooling family and consequently anonymity is provided. DCA’s affidavit does not display names of students and the state cannot legally demand a list of students from our program.
- Recordkeeping – Students enrolled in the PSP will have cum files kept in the Dikaios office in fire-proof cabinets. Families can keep a copy of their attendance and forms at home knowing that duplicate records are available if needed. Students’ previous records will be requested allowing their complete cum files to be stored in one place.
- Accountability – DCA requires one monthly attendance and progress evaluation and two report cards per year. Parent’s are held accountable for keeping their student’s records current and complete.
- Credibility – If a family moves to another school or requires copies of records for other institutions, these records will be sent using the official Dikaios letterhead.
- Guidance – Dikaios provides a recordkeeping meeting and junior high and high school meetings to assist families in planning their courses and completing their paperwork. A student education plan is also created for high school students to ensure high school students are on track for graduation.
- Transcripts – Junior high and high school students will have transcripts generated if needed for college, job, or auto insurance applications.
- High School Diplomas – Students meeting Dikaios requirements of 240 credits and passing one-of-four available tests will receive a high school diploma.
- Recommendation Letters – Recommendation letters for college or entrance to other programs are available from the Dikaios office.
- Work Permits – Students enrolled in the PSP can obtain work permits from the Dikaios office after they have obtained employment.